Skip to main content

SATIRE 101

London has built another special hospital!
Made for all Nigerian Presidents and Nobles, and future Aristocrats who will fight corruption;
Since we die not in this country anymore we rather stay behind to rule as ancestors of tomorrow waiting to extort the treasured gin of the masses.

You preacher of change spare us this ear breaking tale
Our eardrums are not at home
You went to London yesterday
for treatment today
We cried with empty stomach
you came back with no voice for your people,
Tomorrow, you will kill another dream of dregs of the society and the masses would praise you as the Messiah of honesty.

You promised us one good meal a day, many children are eating thrice in the school!
You promised us another light from the sky, but we saw a flammable one from the sun!
You promised us one naira to one dollar, our Naira is now greater than Dollar itself!
You promised us our sisters in one month, but, we only saw them in your words.

Mother stipend taken to the northern barn, Father was beheaded in the northern arena, Sister's house burnt down in chaos, yet, no story was told to the Sun to hear.

This is the misfortune of my land; hopelessness!
 "Excuse!
 When is the change?" Mr P. Another private sin cracking the naked air, yet my people laughter echoed beyond as BBN covered the climaxed atmosphere.
Hyenas, ministers of hope and fund.
I know You will attend to us soon after the grave calls
I know you will hear our cries at the zone of death
We are all seated in the corner of the door...
Hoping in the day we will raise our voice and ask you: "How far? Where is the change promised? "

Yours Poetically, ©John Chizoba Vincent.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ARIYIKE

Arike One day, I will gather our kids and take them far away on a beautiful tale of how love held me sway on it's adventurous sails I will serenade them with stories from yore days about how unwary jokes morphed into flames of amorous desires I know they will laugh hearts out when I tell them about the timeless times I rehearsed fine lines hoping to sweep you off your feet and make brightly-coloured, winged things swirl and tumble in your innards. The very lines that fell in beautiful places in my head always flew away like freed birds when i needed them And then I will look away sheepishly like the fool I was First, it was a tingling then I got a feeling even caught my heart singing And you were the lyrics I dilly dallied but this feelings tarried Till my heartbeats synced in melody with yours When I wasn't looking love fell on my heart And when my heart was in faraway lands love came knocking Olarike You are more than wha

Blame The School System for Those Lies Our Teachers told Us.

BLAME THE SCHOOL SYSTEM FOR THOSE LIES OUR TEACHERS TOLD US Blame the school system for those lies our teachers told us in the classroom. Good grades are not what life needs, in reality,  good grades sometimes don't take you up there but they condition your mind to one man's idea.   Blame the school system for teaching us how to manage other people's thoughts, it never taught us how to think  but how to manage and hold on to the thoughts, principles, formula and theories of some men before us.  why don't you sit down one day and question all these principles and formula and theories you were taught in the school?  The school system told our teachers to tell us that  in order for us to be successful in life, we'll need  good grades that will get us a good and secured job in the nearest future not ideas that will create jobs for us.  Blame the school system for those lies our teachers told in the classroom and leave those lies to discover who you are.  T

BREWED CHEMISTRY

From unwary jokes And banters With eyes fixated on another I saw you as just a funny friend Then chemistry set in Unconsciously so, Whirlwinds of passion swept by Here I am with you. I lived in denial She did too No, she is my friend! I whined! No, nothing would brew! She exclaimed! Then came the flame which illuminated our synch Lost my defense Her wall threw open My innate self wanted a friend A gist partner Someone to bring out my talkative self Fantasing playground jumps With our offsprings Whence they see Dad and Mum As troublesome lovers Our affection grew From chatters and laughs Half-speaking, half-singing Then love painted the scene For our fairy tale Here we are, Helplessly in love Like we've got wings to fly Up there to paradise... Babe, its not over With the sweet, There is the bitter With the laugh, There is the cry A new horizon set With storms coming Before the final lap of professing "I do" We ve go